Storytelling is a basic, some would say primitive, tool for face-to-face connection. It has an acknowledged relevance in event marketing.
But, like any tool, there are some ways to use storytelling that are better than others. David Zax, writing for Fast Company about Margot Leitman’s new book, Long Story Short: The Only Storytelling Guide You’ll Ever Need, distills some of her lessons for us:
- Make people root for you.
- Have a few go-to stories at the ready.
- Stories are about how you felt.
- Stories need to have a beginning, a middle and an end.
- Good stories are universal.
- Don’t be boring
Go deeper and read the whole article.
Storytelling and inviting your market into your world is powerful when done effectively.